Achraf Hakimi and his wife, Hiba Abouk have been on the verge of separation as the Paris Saint Germain full-back is at the moment being investigated, having been charged with rape.
Hakimi is accused of raping a 24-year-old lady in his home in Boulogne, Paris, on February 25, while his wife and children were on holiday, as first reported by Le Parisien.
However, the 24-year-old’s lawyer and representative, Fanny Colin, has denied all the accusations against his client.
Hakimi’s club, PSG, are also yet to release an official statement on the incident amid ongoing investigations, but the footballer’s marriage is pretty much all but over.
Hakimi and his wife have been estranged for some time and have been working towards separating legally before the reported rape case.
However, these are five things to know about Hakimi and Abouk amid rape charges and the divorce scandal.
1. Hakimi is 12 years younger than his Tunisian wife, Abouk, who is 36 years old.
2. In March this year, Abouk labelled her marriage to Hakimi ‘a failed project’, while revealing that the reason behind her desire to divorce the Morocco international is because their marriage was practically done.
3. Hakimi and Abouk have two children- Amín, 3 and Naim, 1.
4. The pair married in 2020, two years after meeting in 2018.
5. Hakimi’s imminent divorce with Abouk means that his marriage only lasted for three years. The PSG defender is set to record one of the shortest marriages in football history.